Sunday, June 29, 2008

How COULD I forget?

The past six weeks! What ELSE have I been doing? Couponing has been resurrected! Yes, I AM one of those crazy coupon ladies, and I am not bashful about it! When I did it a couple of years ago, my successes included trips such as $465 worth of groceries for $65, and $123 for $0 (that isn't a typo). The big trip included beef and chicken, so don't even bother to start lecturing me on how it's only good for convenience foods that you normally don't eat anyway. So far I've scored $0.25 dish soap, $0.19 boxes of cereal, and several free items. Plus I have $7.00 more than what I spent at CVS the other day. Right now I'm mostly using The Grocery Game, with frequent trips over to Coupon Mom's website. I need to get back in touch with The Savvy Shopper, a gal in Mansfield who has her finger on the pulse of the local goings-on. BTW, if you decide to use The Grocery Game, please use my email (tayaschram AT yahoo DOT com) as the referring member. Once you get it set up, it doesn't take all that much time provided you maintain your book weekly. Last time I figured up my hourly wage to be $60 for couponing, including the time spent sorting the coupons and the actual shopping time. (And remember, you have to shop for food regardless of your methods.) Even if I donate a third of what I get, it is still the equivalent of $40 per hour for my efforts.

1 comment:

Aisling said...

I used grocery game a few years ago, got some great deals. I need to get back into couponing because we really could use the deals right now ! I should go get todays paper and see what I can do this week.